The Sanlam Group consists of three main clusters:
- The Retail Cluster, which includes:
- Sanlam Personal Finance: Provides individual life insurance and personal financial solutions mainly to clients in the middle and affluent market segments in South Africa and the United Kingdom.Sanlam Sky Solutions falls into this sector, focusing on serving the Entry Level Market (ELM) in South Africa only.
- Sanlam Developing Markets: Has its core focus on developing markets within Africa (Ghana, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Uganda, Nigeria, Namibia, Swaziland) as well as India.
- The Institutional Cluster: Consists of investment-related businesses including Sanlam Investment Management; Sanlam Capital Markets and Sanlam Employee Benefits.
- Short-Term Insurance Cluster: Consists of businesses specialising on short-term insurance for the personal, commercial and corporate markets.
|Market segment definitions |
||Defined as individual income greater than R1,000 per month and less than R10,000 per month – irrespective of employment status. |
||Individual income of between R10,000 and R40,000 per month, employed or retired.|
||With some variation in individual sub-segments – individual income in excess of R40,000 per month.|
Content within this section: