1. Use of informationSanlam is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. Sanlam will use your personal information to enhance your experience, the service that Sanlam provides to you and to communicate with you, unless expressly directed by you not to do so.
2. Personal informationIn general, you may visit Sanlam's website without revealing any personal information. There are times, however, when Sanlam or its partners may request personal information from you.
If requested, you may choose to give us your personal information, for example your name and address or email addresses. This information may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription.
Sanlam will advise you how it will use personal information before it collects the personal information from you. If you inform Sanlam that you do not want it to use your personal information as a basis for further contact with you or for any other purpose, it will not do so.
3. Information security and qualitySanlam intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. Sanlam has implemented appropriate technical and organizational information security measures (including, but not limited to, using encryption for transmission of credit card numbers) to help it keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, Sanlam cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to it online and you do so at your own risk.
Sanlam will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information in a timely manner.
To assist Sanlam in correcting inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to Sanlam with details of the correction requested.
4. Information collectionTo monitor and improve the website, Sanlam may use technology to gather information about your use of the website including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, and IP address (the IP address is a string of numbers that tells us which server you are using but does not identify you).
The process of gathering the information as described immediately above uses a technology known as “cookies”. If you do not wish us to collect the information your browser should allow the disablement of cookies.
5. Sharing of information
6. Collection of information by third partiesOwners or information system administrators of third party websites that have links to the Sanlam website may collect personal information about you when you use these links. Sanlam does not control the collection or use of personal information by third parties and this privacy statement does not apply to third parties.
7. Clickstream dataSanlam may collect anonymous information from visitors to its websites to help it provide better customer service. For example, Sanlam keeps track of the domains from which people visit its website and also measures visitor activity on its website. In doing so Sanlam ensures the information cannot be used to identify you. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data". Sanlam or its analytic vendors may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to help it provide better customer service. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
8. Online advertisingSanlam engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Sanlam customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
9. Personalised URL linkOn occasion, a personalised URL (link) is displayed on the Sanlam website that directs a visitor to a personalised web page. The personal URL is readily identifiable and may result in the disclosure of personal information. By clicking on that link and accessing a personal web page you agree to allow Sanlam to collect information about your session visits. Sanlam may use this information to help it provide you with information that matches your interests. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
While few, if any, of Sanlam's websites are directed towards children, Sanlam is committed to comply with all applicable laws aimed at the protection of children and in particular the protection of their personal information.
11. UpdatesThis privacy statement was last updated in December 2008. A notice will be posted on the home page of the Sanlam website whenever the privacy statement is materially changed.
12. Questions regarding this statementQuestions regarding this statement may be directed to email@example.com for clarification.
Content within this section: